EDGE PRO APEX PRO KNIFE SHARPENING SYSTEM, #2
Perfect for the Kitchen or workshop. Every sportsman needs one. Finally, the superior quality of hand sharpening is combined with the precision of a finely engineered machine. Tested and refined for years on over 100,000 knives.
The Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System is ideal for the serious knife enthusiast, professional chef or serious home cook who wants the benefits of manual sharpening with traditional whetstones, but with the control and convenience of a guided system with perfect and fully adjustable angle control. This allows you to manually set the angle on each and every knife in your collection, so you can set a super fine edge on your slicers and Japanese knives, and a stronger and more durable edge on your German knives and choppers. It gives you the benefits of sharpening stones, because it IS sharpening stones, but instead of a guide system moving over a stone, you simply pivot the stone over the knife, for better control (and safety). An excellent system, made from quality materials in Hood River, Oregon, USA, so the quality is superb -- no copy-cat junk here.
EdgePro Apex Features:
- Patented knife guide system will sharpen any size or shape blade (Up to 3.5 wide), including serrated knives.
- Simple system determines the best angle. Knives can be sharpened at exactly the same angle every time, making re-sharpening so fast you will never work with a dull blade again.
- Custom formulated water stones free you from messy, gummed up oil stones. Long lasting and inexpensive to replace. Easy to change with a simple twist of the knob.
- Patented knife guide system does not clamp the blade, so you can sharpen any length or shape blade up to 3.5" wide. Patented knife guide system does not clamp the blade, so you can sharpen any length or shape blade up to 3.5" wide.
- Adjustable sharpening angles, from 10 to 35 degrees with angle marks at 10, 15, 18, 21, and 24 degrees (but you can set any exact angle you want between the marks too).
If you are serious about sharp knives , you'll appreciate the differences the Edge Pro Apex offers:
- Removes far less metal than electric sharpeners or grinders, eliminating wavy edges, adding to the life and performance of your knives.
- Removes nicks and dings without distorting the knife edge.
- Creates no heat - will not damage the temper of your knives. Sets up in seconds on any smooth surface. No power required. Comes with a convenient carrying case - very portable.
- Requires no maintenance other than routine cleaning.
- Manufactured from the highest quality materials in Hood River, Oregon, US
INCLUDED IN THIS KIT:
- Apex Model Edge Pro Sharpening System
- Blue Kimberly-Clark industrial cloth for easy cleanup during sharpening. Reusable.
- Water Bottle for easily lubricating the stones during sharpening with minimal mess.
- 220 Grit Medium Fine Water Stone for initial sharpening/shaping and setting of a new angle.
- 400 Grit Fine Water Stone for final finishing and regular resharpening.
- 600 Grit Extra Fine Water Stone for final finishing/polishing.
- 8" 1200 Grit Super Fine Ceramic Hone rod for final edge straightening and daily/regular maintenance between sharpening sessions.
- Videos available on YouTube, along with many more useful and informative videos!)
- Instructional Manual. Read it! This is a simple but powerful system, so it's worth the few minutes!
- High quality custom black cordura carrying case.
If you are interested in creating a polished edge (like the kind found on some Japanese knives such as most Misono knives), then you can add the 1000 grit ultrafine stone, and if you want a super polished edge for a mirror finish, go for a polish tape blank and polish tapes. If you have seriously dull or damaged blades and need to remove a lot of metal quickly, then you can add the 120 grit Coarse stone.