A really great bread knife -- a little longer than the 8" version in most of the block kits so it's good if you're into seriously big crusty artisan breads, and yet it still fits generally easily in most knife block or other storage system. An excellent choice for an all-around bread/serrated knife. Note that the blade on this is also somewhat thinner than the old-fashioned ugly "bread knives" that came in block sets all those years ago, so it really does work well, and is useful for all sorts of other crusty items around the kitchen. The new double-serrated edge leads to even higher performance with a more "slicing" feel with less ripping. Precision forged from a single blank of steel with full tang. Features the popular new blade style without bolster, for ease of sharpening, full-blade length performance, and lighter weight. The handle is super-comfortable and made of the same excellent material that the Classic line is made of so it's comfortable and offers good grip even when wet, and it's polished so it looks beautiful and natural at the same time. The metal cap and overall shape also lends true elegance to the shape, and it's incredibly comfortable.
Wusthof # 4163-23 / 1040331123
- Bread knife with new precision double serrated edge:
- Longer-lasting performance and sharpness of serrated edge.
- Less pressure is required for cutting.
- Secure application of the knife to the object to be cut.
- A smooth cut is ensured, there is no "ripping" or tearing.
- Quality - Made in Germany / Solingen.