This would be an excellent companion to a Wusthof santoku or chef's knife! It's like the Classic IKON santoku in terms of handle and blade size, but the edge is straighter and the whole blade is more rectangular, making it perfect for dicing veggies. If you like doing stir-frys, you should love this knife! Note that this is NOT a cleaver -- it is thin and sharp, and so should be treated like any fine knife, and should NOT be used on bones or other such hard materials which can damage the very thin and sharp edge.
Here's what Wusthof says:
The CLASSIC IKON 7" Nakiri Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional cleaver, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a long straight edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58 Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance