Ideal companion to a Chef's knife! What makes this different from a standard "paring knife"? It's shaped more like a Japanese-style "petty knife", in that the blade is deeper (Wusthof says "wider", but that implies blade thickness... the blade is not thicker!) at the heel, so it's shaped more like a small chef knife or santoku, and not like a dagger-shaped (narrow) European-style utility knife. This gives you more finger clearance so it really is more versatile and useful for small slicing/dicing jobs instead of just paring. Very handy -- you'll love it!
This makes a great addition to a growing and versatile knife collection. A knife like this one quickly becomes a favourite "go-to" knife for those many everyday tasks where a small paring knife is too small and a chef's knife is overkill. Same comfortable and nearly indestructible grip and razor-sharp hardened stainless steel edge as the rest of the classic line. Forged German steel quality for a lifetime of use.
Here is what Wusthof says:
- With its special blade shape, the new Kitchen Surfer from WÜSTHOF is the perfect all-rounder for all cutting tasks in the kitchen or at the table.
- Made from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium blade steel, it offers outstanding sharpness and edge retention thanks to the special laser-controlled PEtec sharpening process.
- The handles made of robust plastic are welded and riveted without any joints.
- The bolster and continuous tang ensure the right weight and good balance.
- Available at a reason price, versatile and long-lasting, what more could you ask for!
- The Kitchen Surfer comes in attractive gift packaging.
- More information : www.wuesthof-kitchensurfer.com