Innovative, multi-patented DuoSharp® Bench Stone is a precision flat, two diamond surfaced sharpener guaranteed to provide consistent, even sharpening every time. 8" DuoSharp® Bench Stone, an excellent counter and bench sharpener, with a larger, wider diamond surface for sharpening a variety of edges.
This DuoSharp® features two sides of interrupted diamond surface sharpening and is the ideal benchstone for the shop or kitchen, especially when paired with the optional DuoBase™. The 8 inch length is perfect for chisels, plane irons, chef knives - practically any tool. While providing a generous sharpening surface, it is engineered to be rugged, lightweight and compact - great on the jobsite! The interrupted, or polka dot pattern is extremely efficient as the recessed holes collect metal fines to prevent loading. On the other hand, the continuous diamond surfaced stone (Dia-Sharp®) is slightly less aggressive, but as effective in sharpening. Selection is a personal preference (these Duo-Sharp are dual-sided and much lighter, and so are definitely more portable and affordable). Click here to read the use and care instructions.
- Fine diamond stone (25 micron / 600 mesh) for a razor sharp edge.
- Extra-Fine diamond (9 micron / 1200 mesh) to polish and refine a razor edge after sharpening with a coarser diamond
Sharpening with diamonds is fast and easy. No messy oils needed—sharpen dry or with water. Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service. For proper tool maintenance, woodworkers, chefs and other professionals rely on the superior quality and versatility of DMT® products. Made in USA.
- Easy counter or bench use with larger, wider diamond surface for sharpening a variety of knives and edges
- Sharpens knives faster than conventional stones with DMT®'s monocrystalline diamond surface
- No oil is needed-sharpen dry or with water
- Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service
Note that DMT does NOT recommend these stones for lapping/flattening waterstone. Get one of the big DiaFlat lapping plates (extra-coarse or coarse) for that job, they will hold up MUCH better!