An excellent variation on the standard Classic cook's knife: the bolster ("finger guard") has been removed, making the knife lighter, easier to handle, and more in keeping with the modern trends of Japanese and other such knives. Without the finger guard, the edge of the knife is perfect right to the heel of the blade, which also makes it a bit easier to sharpen and hone, and it doesn't get in the way at all when you need to use the full length of the blade. Unless you're in love with the idea of the traditional bolster, definitely consider this more modern design!
The most essential of all knives used in the kitchen, for slicing, mincing, dicing of all kind of food. Perfectly balanced, an extension of your hand. 23 cm (9") is a great size if you already have a santoku or smaller chef knife and feel that you could use something more substantial.
- The cook's knife is the most important tool in the kitchen.
- The wide, curved blade is ideal for cutting, slicing, dicing and carving.
- The reduced bolster shape (half bolster) and thinner edge of the blade reduce the weight of the knife.
- The reduced weight ensures fatigue-free, precise work, whilst the special bolster shape makes it possible to use and sharpen the entire blade.
- Forged from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium blade steel (X50 Cr MoV 15).
- The ergonomically shaped handles – feature three durable rivets.
- Note: Cook’s knives may be very robust, but they are sharpened to a particularly thin edge. They should on no account be used for chopping through bones, but only for slicing.
Wusthof # 4581-23 / 1040130123