This is very similar to the 10" Classic bread knife in that the edge is also serrated, it's about the same thickness and just as stiff, and so it is very strong and cuts very aggressively. The blade shape and rounded tip though make it a "confectioner's knife" -- this is the traditional shape for working with cakes. This is part of Wusthof's new "reduced bolster" series, for easier sharpening and handling. Fully forged, made in Germany.
Here's what Wusthof says:
- Cakes, tarts and bread etc. can be cut precisely and served thanks to the long blade.
- The specialist knife with the rounded tip, which can also be used as a palette knife.
- The reduced bolster shape (half bolster) and thinner edge of the blade reduce the weight of the knife.
- The reduced weight ensures fatigue-free, precise work, whilst the special bolster shape makes it possible to use and sharpen the entire blade.
- Forged from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium blade steel (X50 Cr MoV 15).
- The ergonomically shaped handles – feature three durable rivets.