The 5th edition in the popular Wusthof Kitchen Surfer series! New for 2020. This makes an ideal companion to a normal Chef's knife or santoku for example. It's a smaller version of the popular and unique chai dao Chinese-style knife, great for just about any small cutting/slicing/dicing job where you'd normally use a small chef knife or santoku. Great for veggies and scooping. Very handy -- you'll love it!
Remember, while it may look a bit like a cleaver, this is a very sharp and fine-edged normal kitchen knife meant for cutting the usual veggies, fruits and boneless meats; it must NOT be used for cutting bones or anything else very hard which might damage the edge.
As with all fine knives, hand-wash only, NO dishwasher!
This makes a great addition to a growing and versatile knife collection. A knife like this one quickly becomes a favourite "go-to" knife for those many everyday tasks where a small paring knife is too small and a chef's knife is overkill. Same comfortable and nearly indestructible grip and razor-sharp hardened stainless steel edge as the rest of the classic line. Forged German steel quality for a lifetime of use.
Here is what Wusthof says:
- With its special blade shape, the new Kitchen Surfer from WÜSTHOF is the perfect all-rounder for all cutting tasks in the kitchen or at the table.
- Made from a single piece of chromium-molybdenum-vanadium blade steel, it offers outstanding sharpness and edge retention thanks to the special laser-controlled PEtec sharpening process.
- The handles made of robust plastic are welded and riveted without any joints.
- The bolster and continuous tang ensure the right weight and good balance.
- Available at a special price, versatile and long-lasting, what more could you ask for!
- The Kitchen Surfer comes in attractive gift packaging.