Innovative, precision flat two grit diamond sharpener features both interrupted and continuous diamond sharpening
8" DuoSharp®plus™ Bench Stone with base provides excellent counter and bench sharpening. The stone features two sides of 6" x 2 5/8" interrupted diamond surface sharpening. Perfect for knives, scissors, tools PLUS the benefits of a continuous zone for small and pointed tools. This model comes with the Bench Stone Base Accessory!
A note from Paul: you're probably wondering why this one is cheaper than the regular Duo-Sharp, which does not come with the base, and which has only the polka-dot pattern surface. DMT explained to me that it's more expensive to make the interrupted (polka-dot) surface. Also, while it can be handy to have that little continuous surface (for smaller knives and tips), remember that this also makes it a little more cumbersome to use the full surface of the stone in smooth sharpening sweeps since you'll move from the interrupted to the continuous surface. But still, this is a great value in a very versatile and lightweight stone (AND it includes the base which sells for $24.95 on its own!)
- Coarse diamond stone (45 micron / 325 mesh) to quickly restore a neglected edge.
- Fine diamond stone (25 micron / 600 mesh) for a razor sharp edge.
Sharpening with diamonds is fast and easy. No messy oils needed—sharpen dry or with water. Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service. For proper tool maintenance, woodworkers, chefs and other professionals rely on the superior quality and versatility of DMT® products. Made in USA.
- Double-sided stone is economical and space-efficient
- Excellent for sharpening a variety of knives and edges plus a continuous diamond zone for small and pointed tools
- Sharpens knives faster than conventional stones with DMT®'s monocrystalline diamond surface
- No oil is needed-sharpen dry or with water
- Durable construction will provide years of consistent performance and reliable service
Note that DMT does NOT recommend these stones for lapping/flattening waterstone. Get one of the big DiaFlat lapping plates (extra-coarse or coarse) for that job, they will hold up MUCH better!