EDGE PRO APEX PRO KNIFE SHARPENING SYSTEM, Kit #4
|PROFESSIONAL CHEF REVIEW
|After purchasing the Edge Pro Apex sharpening system and taking it out of the box I will admit that it looks very complicated and confusing. But then after watching the DVD and reading the instruction book, it was very simple to use. I quickly tried it out with some old 4 star Henckels knives which lost their edge many years ago; I was amazed that after a few minutes on the Edge Pro they were just as good as new if not better. It takes some getting use to with the different angles to use for different knives, but it will save money in the long run. I have roughly 20 knives in my collection from small paring knives to a 14" chef's knife, boning knives, and various serrated knives and the Edge Pro system can sharpen them all. No more going to knife sharpeners who charge by the inch. I would strongly recommend this system to anyone from professional chefs to home cooks. Paul suggested this new product for me and I was intimidated at first but now I am suggesting it to all my cooks in my kitchen and friends. Definitely a good product to have in your collection.
-- Adam DiSapio, Executive Chef & Food and Beverage Manager, Ariss Valley Golf and Country Club, Ariss, ON
Perfect for the Kitchen or workshop. Every sportsman needs one. Finally, the superior quality of hand sharpening is combined with the precision of a finely engineered machine. Tested and refined for years on over 100,000 knives.
The Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System is ideal for the serious knife enthusiast, professional chef or serious home cook who wants the benefits of manual sharpening with traditional whetstones, but with the control and convenience of a guided system with perfect and fully adjustable angle control. This allows you to manually set the angle on each and every knife in your collection, so you can set a super fine edge on your slicers and Japanese knives, and a stronger and more durable edge on your German knives and choppers. It gives you the benefits of sharpening stones, because it IS sharpening stones, but instead of a guide system moving over a stone, you simply pivot the stone over the knife, for better control (and safety). An excellent system, made from quality materials in Hood River, Oregon, USA, so the quality is superb -- no Chinese-made junk here.
This is the "complete" kit (#4) from Edge Pro. This kit includes EVERYTHING you need to create a first class edge on your knives, AND to finish/maintain them. Great for someone with a large collection of knives or if you simply "want it all" right off the bat.
INCLUDED IN THIS KIT:
- Apex Model Edge Pro Sharpening System
- Blue Kimberly-Clark industrial cloth for easy cleanup during sharpening. Reusable.
- Water Bottle for easily lubricating the stones during sharpening with minimal mess.
- 120 Grit coarse stone for quickly cutting a new edge or for repairing a damaged edge.
- 220 Grit Medium Fine stone for regular resharpening of a dull edge.
- 400 Grit Extra Fine Water Stone for final finishing and regular maintenance.
- 600 Grit Extra Fine stone for putting a fine edge on thin-bladed knives (slicers, small utility knives, fillet knives, etc.)
- 1000 Grit Ultra Fine stone for putting a very fine edge on a knife (some Japanese knives).
- 1 pack of 15x2000 & 1 pack of 15x3000 Grit Polish tapes for putting a polished edge on a knife (again, some Japanese or specialty knives).
- 2 x Polish tape mounting blanks.
- 8" 1200 Grit Super Fine Ceramic Hone rod for final edge straightening and daily/regular maintenance between sharpening sessions.
- Instructional DVD: okay, it won't win an Oscar, but it makes it all make sense! Definitely watch it -- it makes the motion and handling very clear.
- Instructional Manual. Read it! This is a simple but powerful system, so it's worth the few minutes!
- High quality custom black corura carrying case.
EdgePro Apex Features:
- Patented knife guide system will sharpen any size or shape blade (Up to 3.5 wide), including serrated knives.
- Simple system determines the best angle. Knives can be sharpened at exactly the same angle every time, making re-sharpening so fast you will never work with a dull blade again.
- Custom formulated water stones free you from messy, gummed up oil stones. Long lasting and inexpensive to replace. Easy to change with a simple twist of the knob.
- Patented knife guide system does not clamp the blade, so you can sharpen any length or shape blade up to 3.5" wide. Patented knife guide system does not clamp the blade, so you can sharpen any length or shape blade up to 3.5" wide.
- Adjustable sharpening angles, from 10 to 35 degrees with angle marks at 10, 15, 18, 21, and 24 degrees (but you can set any exact angle you want between the marks too).
If you are serious about sharp knives , you'll appreciate the differences the Edge Pro Apex offers:
- Removes far less metal than electric sharpeners or grinders, eliminating wavy edges, adding to the life and performance of your knives.
- Removes nicks and dings without distorting the knife edge.
- Creates no heat - will not damage the temper of your knives. Sets up in seconds on any smooth surface. No power required. Comes with a convenient carrying case - very portable.
- Requires no maintenance other than routine cleaning.
- Manufactured from the highest quality materials in Hood River, Oregon, US